Friday, March 19, 2010

End of a Busy Week

Time sure does fly!! It's been a busy week - and I've realized that I am quite domestic...and loving it!! The week involved work, scrapbooking, sewing, sewing lessons, baking and enjoying some of my favorite shows. Last weekend I managed to finish the mini album I was making for my friend, Helen. I used Basic Grey 'Origins' line....and I LOVE the way it turned out. The colors are so bright and it's just a fine line to work with.








This week, like I mentioned, I also took my first sewing class!! I am a newbie at a sewing machine. but I am proud to say that I made my first bag!! It's nothing too exciting. I used a plastic shopping bag as a template. But it was a little project that got me used to sewing. I still have a ways to go, but as I get more comfortable, I am sure it will slowly come together and the projects will get more elaborate!

This evening, I didn`t do anything too exciting...I spent the evening cleaning and baking Peanut Butter - Oatmeal - Chocolate chip cookies. But I am looking forward to the weekend and some shopping. I am planning on going to the Restore to see what kind of materials I can find for a little project I am planning...and maybe to a local greenhouse to check out the plants for the garden!! I am REALLY looking forward to summer and working on our backyard!!

3 comments:

  1. Alison, hop on over to my blog, you are a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a wonderful album...I would be thrilled to receive that.
    Thank you so much for stopping by and entering my blog candy. Hope you visit again sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, on both the scrapbook and the sewing! I've never seen a scrapbook "in the round" like this before -- it's really nifty. And I love the bag, too. I am not much of a seamstress myself, but have gotten into scrap quilting a bit over the last couple of years. It is grand fun, making something from (almost) nothing :) It will be fun to see your future projects.

    ReplyDelete